Interactive Drama Play Events
Bilingual Mus organizes interactive drama play events for multilingual children up to seven years old living in Denmark.
Bilingual Mus Interactive Drama Play Events are action-packed shows filled with singing, dancing, playing games and pretending. We don’t use props or costumes, and you’ll be amazed at how one skilled performer can single-handedly create a range of imaginary characters and magical worlds. The children become part of the story and actively engage with us on a trip to an imaginary world. We explore a range of different themes and especially focus in diversity, multilingualism and multiculturalism, since our goal is to promote the development of an intercultural competence to the kids. We want them to love and understand the fact that we are all be different. We want them to accept themselves as a minority in Denmark, embrace their home cultures and the Danish culture and rise as the wonderful, unique individuals they are!
We visit nurseries, preschools as well as schools. Last but not least, we can be booked for birthday parties and other personal events.
Bilingual Mus Interactive Drama Play Events
- When the weather allows it, our events are taking place outdoors (in forests, parks, at the beach etc)
- Language: English
- Active participation of the parents is needed
- Ages: 10 months old to 7 years old – we believe kids of every age from young to older, have something to take from our events. The younger ones get to develop an intercultural competence by being a part of a multicultural group, while enjoying a story. The older ones can fully interact with the animator and actively a part of the story.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Cost: 150 DKK per child
Bilingual Mus Upcoming Events
Here you will find all Bilingual Mus Upcoming Events. Join us!
To stay tuned and be informed about our events:
Visits in Nurseries – Preschools – Schools & Birthday Parties
You can book Bilingual Mus for a session at your nursery / preschool / school. We have worked with schools on a long term basis, where for a full term we arranged weekly Interactive Drama Play Sessions. The themes vary and can be customized depending on your needs / particular subjects a teacher is working on.
Bilingual Mus can also be booked for personal events / birthday parties.
Contact us to discuss your needs!
10 Reasons Why You Should Try Our Drama Play Events
- Drama builds confidence! But: give it time. Children take some time to gently build up their self-esteem and feel comfortable to a new setting/environment. Usually, after a few weeks, event the shyest children are confident and actively participating.
- Drama helps in concentration! In every session, children are encouraged to listen to the story, to each other’s ideas and to take turns. These activities allow children to practice concentration; a vital skill in the world outside their home.
- Drama helps develop language and communication skills! Our events are in English. Children will learn new songs, play games and participate in pretend play in English. All this will contribute to the child’s developing vocabulary. That said, it is ok if a child doesn’t speak or understand English, as long as the accompanying adult ensures to explain everything needed to the child. Children will be encouraged to express themselves both verbally and, especially for those who don’t speak English, through facial expression and body language; our goal will be to contribute in making them better communicators.
- Drama encourages children to cooperate! During our events, children become part of a team and are asked to cooperate. From playing drama games to singing together, everything requires cooperation.
- Drama helps children to understand the world around them! During our events, we introduce children to a variety of real and imaginary situations, sparking their interest in the world in which they live. We explore a range of different themes and especially focus in diversity, multilingualism and multiculturalism, since our goal is to promote the development of an intercultural competence to the kids. We want them to love and understand the fact that we are all be different. We want them to accept themselves as a minority in Denmark, embrace their home cultures and the Danish culture and rise as the wonderful, unique individuals they are!
- Drama develops emotional intelligence! By encouraging children to ‘act out’ a range of emotions in the safe and supportive environment of a Bilingual Mus event, children are better able to understand their feelings and develop empathy for others.
- Drama assists physical development! Expect your kid to get active during our drama play events. We might run, hop, get on our knees, look for a squirrel’s nest in the forest and so much more. One thing is for sure: the kids will get to use their growing bodies during Bilingual Mus events.
- Drama develops creativity and imagination! Creative people can view things in new ways and from different perspectives. They can think on their feet and generate new ideas. Our child-led approach to improvisation and pretend play encourages the development of creativity as children lead the direction of the drama themselves, come up with solutions to problems in role, and respond imaginatively to a range of pretend situations.
- Drama nurtures friendships! By its very nature, drama can create strong bonds between children as they laugh, learn and grow together week after week after week!
- Drama Play is one of the best ways for a child to Learn! Play is one of the most important ways in which young children gain essential knowledge and skills. During Bilingual Mus Drama Play Events, children learn critical skills and develop as they play in a meaningful, joyful way where they socially interact in a group of kids that are all multilingual / becoming multilingual and most of the times multicultural, since the participants of our events are mostly expat / international families.